10 Reasons To Have a Web Site: A Primer for Small Business Owners
I was pondering the 10 reasons to have a web site and came up with this list. What do you think?
1. Establish a presence on the Internet - the largest and most dynamic advertising medium of all time.
More and more of your potential customers are looking for services and products on-line than ever before. Many people research products, stores, find their homes and get jobs over the internet. Most people are coming to expect that any professionally run business will have a web site.
2. More advertising for less money. Once your site is built, it advertises your business for years.
With a web site, you can have pages of full-color advertisements that run 24 hours a day and 7 days a week! You get to present yourself and your services to your customers using many descriptive pages, images and now, even video.
3. Your site can answer the same questions for you over and over and over again.
Do you spend time answering the same types of questions for each of your clients? With a web site, you can put the answers on a frequently asked questions (FAQ) page. You can even email your FAQ page to your clients and answer everyone's questions at the same time.
4. Educate your customers and establish your expertise in the eyes of your visitors.
In this day and age more and more people are looking on the internet to get the information they need to make educated buying decisions. When you step in and give them all the information they want, they see you as an expert and trust your opinion.
5. Gather contact information and use it to establish a relationship with your clients.
People generally prefer to do business with people they "know." Once you gather your visitors' contact information with permission, you can continue to build a relationship of trust via automatic email communications. Once this trust is built they will be more likely to do business with you because they know and like you.
6. On the Internet you can appear as big or as small as you like.
There was a cartoon in the early days of the internet that showed a dog typing on the computer. The caption read, "On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog." You might be a small one-person business, but your website can make your business look large and sophisticated. Image is everything and you control your image with a web site.
7. Because there’s not enough room on a business card.
It used to be a business card would do the trick. However, because of the Internet, people are savvy and want more information. And they know where to find it - on the Internet. With a web site, people can find you 24/7 and can get more information than you can cram onto your business card! This is good for you - if you have a web site.
8. Stands in for you when you are doing other stuff.
Your web site can answer questions for you, sell your services and show that you are the expert while you might be playing with the kids, walking the dog, sleeping, eating or vacationing at the river.
9. Allows people who don't want to talk on the phone to find answers to their questions.
Sometimes people don't want to use the telephone. They don't want to talk to anyone. Maybe they are afraid of "Phone Tree Purgatory." Whatever the reason, a web site allows them to get the information they need from your web site or to contact you via email. Giving customers these options makes them happy and saves you time and money.
10. Spreads your marketing message across the globe. Well, at least to the far reaches of your market.
With the internet, the sky is the limit. Your site can be seen by anyone in the world. You can market your business in your neighborhood as cost effectively as you can to all of Southern California - or even the whole nation.
I am going to school to become a Life Coach. Help me with tuition and I will give you Life and Business Coaching at a huge discount! (Only $100 a month instead of $300 or more) Click "GoFundMe" below to get the details: